The Curious Correspondence Club is looking for a Curious Communications Intern to help spread delight and puzzlement all over the world!
As our intern, you'll be involved in a little bit of everything, from product management to marketing to customer support to PR and sales; that said, candidates with experience and interest in social media content creation/curation, influencer relations and media relations are particularly welcome. You'll have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills at a fast-growing startup while contributing your own unique talents.
We are primarily a remote team, and although the company is based in Toronto, Canada, we are open to either local or remote candidates based anywhere in North America.
- Work with the Creative team to create, post and report on effective social media content for CCC, on channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and others
- Help create and manage media lists for CCC, including both traditional media and key influencers
- Assist the Marketing Manager in coordinating and executing media/influencer relations activities, including media releases, correspondence, organizing press clippings, and other activities as necessary
- Coordinate product logistics where necessary, including press packages and other product initiatives as assigned
- Work with the Customer Support team to identify and solve customer inquiries and/or issues that come in via social media
- Work with the Creative team to identify opportunities for community outreach, and execute on those opportunities where appropriate
- Collate and organize data along a variety of metrics and key performance indicators, and report to management
- Deep familiarity with and love of social media; if you have your own high-engagement channels, that's even better!
- Excellent skills with current social media content creation and editing tools (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A keen eye for trends, key influencers and up-to-the-minute developments in social and digital content
- Ability to work effectively on a remote team, and work to deadlines
- Exceptional English-language writing skills, and fluency in all areas of English
- A bone-deep curiosity and love of puzzles, mysteries and enigmas
- A college or university degree or diploma in a relevant subject, either completed or in progress
- Some experience in working with influencers as media or collaboration partners, either from the agency/client-side or as the influencer yourself
- Experience in marketing, communications, PR, content and/or a similar field
This is a full time, paid three- to four-month internship, with the possibility of either extension or hire if the timing is right and the stars align, and would be valid for internship/practicum credit at most post-secondary institutions (though you are not required to be a student to be a candidate for this internship!).
We welcome applications from candidates of any race or ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or presentation, national origin, religion, and/or other group not specifically mentioned. We're a diverse team and we value that.
If you think you might like to join us, then please send a cover letter and your resume, along with anything else you'd like us to see (like social media links), to Dave Starr, our Creative Director, at email@example.com.